This is an open event, open to all athletes, incorporating the NECAA Pentathlon Champs and the NEMAA Pentathlon Champs, plus a NEMAA Weight Pentathlon.
Male events:- Discus, Long Jump, 200m, Javelin and 800m
Female events:- Shot Putt, Long Jump, 200m, Javelin and 800m
Weight Pentathlon:- Shot Putt, Javelin, Discus, Hammer and Weight (you must be proficient in the use of the weight implement to participate in this event).
Athletes may choose to compete in both the pentathlon and the weight pentathlon for an additional fee of £5.
Entries for all Masters athletes should be made via our own website - details of both online entries and postal entries can be seen on this page. An order of events will be published nearer to the date of competition.
The BMAF Track10k Championships will also be taking place at the same event.
The BMAF Track 10k Championships will be taking place at Monkton Stadium on 21st September 2019. This event is open to ALL age groups, and both male and female athletes. Entries are strictly online only, via the BMAF OpenTrack system - you must have a login for the system to enter this race. If you are unsure of your login, or even whether you are on the system at all, please contact George Routledge as soon as possible - do not attempt to make a new account with OpenTrack yourself.
The NEMAA 10k Champs are incorporated into this event - there will be no separate entry for these champs, entries will all be via the OpenTrack system as outlined above.
Closing date for entries:- 11th Sept 2019
Fast 2 lap traffic free course in Watergate Park, Lobley Hill, Gateshead
Relay information for the last match on July 29th:-
1. Teams can be made up of mixed age groups, but the youngest member determines the overall age group.
2. Teams can also be mixed sexes but won't count towards any records - they will, however, count in the informal team comp (see no.5).
3. Composite teams (i.e. members from different clubs) may be formed, but will not count towards any records, or score in the informal team competition (see no.5)
4. Relay events don't count towards your 3 events and will not score team points for the grand prix team competition or individual points.
5. There WILL however be an informal relay team competition on the night, with 3 points for 1st place, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd, with bonus points for any record broken.
6. A maximum of one guest will be allowed per team, but they must be eligible by age (i.e. 35 and over).
7. Team sheets will be available on the night, or you can download a pdf by clicking on the picture at the bottom of this post.
8. Last leg runner will be supplied with a relay number on the night - to replace league number on vest.
PS There may be some familiar faces on the track for this event - don't miss out on what should hopefully be a fun (and competitive, obviously!) evening! Also, to give you all something to aim for, check out the records for the relays below!
Entries closing date: 16 Jun 2019
Entries via the BMAF Open Track website You should already be registered with BMAF. If you are unsure of your log-in or think you aren't registered, contact George Routledge - DO NOT TRY TO REGISTER YOURSELF.
General info: Costello Stadium, Anlaby Park Road North, Hull HU4 6XQ. First events: 10:00 am / 9:30 am.
100m 200m 400m 800m 1500m sprint H, long H, steeplechase, HJ, PV, LJ, TJ, SP, DT, JT, HT, WT
Age groups: Men and Women. 5 year age bands from 35 to 100+.
BMAF area club and OPEN members welcome. UKA registration is mandatory for all UKA club members and UK residents
Fees: £13 for first event, £8 for each additional event, £1 supplement for later additions
Prizes: Medals for first three North of England (NEMAA, NMAC, IoMVAC or a member of a UKA Club within the Northern Athletics region) finishers in each age category
Full details and online entry for this can be found here - this race incorporates the NEMAA 5k Championships 2019 (must be a current paid up member to qualify for NEMAA awards)
The track and field league is now open for online entries - you can also buy a Season Pass that will get you 6 matches for the price of 5, what a bargain at £20 for up to 18 events! Entries also available on the night (single matches only, season pass must be bought ahead of the first match). Timetable, rules etc. can be seen here and online entries for the individual matches made by clicking the image below.
Closing date 20th October 2019, but places limited and likely to sell out quickly.
Our 5 mile Championship event is incorporated into the Locke Park 5 Mile Race, which takes place on 27th October 2019. This year, the male and female races will be run separately, with the men going first at 10.00am and the women at 10.45am. There are currently around 145 male places, and 146 female places available, so don't wait around if you wish to take part - get your entry in as soon as possible. To enter, click the button below.